I believe that keeping our election process fair and equal is extremely important, now more than ever during a presidential election year. The COVID-19 pandemic means we have to think differently and more carefully about everything, including elections.
You can request an absentee ballot by following these steps:
- Fill out the absentee ballot request form here by October 31st. Print and sign it.
- Mail the request form back to the Franklin County Board of Elections. Find your location here. [linked]
- In 7 days you will receive your absentee ballot in the mail from the Franklin County Board of Elections.
- Fill out and return your ballot by U.S. mail or in person to the Franklin County Board of Elections at 1700 Morse Road, Columbus OH 43229.
In order for your ballot to be counted, please pay close attention to the deadlines listed below!
- New Voter Registration Deadline - October 5th, 2020
- Absentee Ballot Request Form Deadline - October 31st, 2020 (but I recommend you do so much sooner!)
- If mailing in your absentee ballot, it must be postmarked no later than November 2nd, 2020
- If returning your absentee ballot in person to the Board of Elections, you must do so by 7:30 p.m. on November 3rd, 2020
- Military and Overseas Absentee Voting - begins September 18th, 2020
- Early In-Person & Absentee Voting - begins October 6th, 2020 (8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. for in-person locations, not every weekend.
- Ohio General Election - November 3rd, 2020, polls open from 6:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Franklin County Absentee Ballot Request Form: https://vote.franklincountyohio.gov/Absentee-Ballot-Request
Online Voter Registration: https://olvr.ohiosos.gov/
Voter Registration Look Up: https://voterlookup.ohiosos.gov/voterlookup.aspx
Polling Locations: https://www.sos.state.oh.us/elections/voters/toolkit/polling-location/
Ohio Elections Website: https://www.sos.state.oh.us/elections/
Overseas/Military Voter Information: https://www.sos.state.oh.us/secretary-office/office-initiatives/military-and-overseas-voters/
Vote in Honor of a Veteran: https://www.sos.state.oh.us/secretary-office/office-initiatives/vote-in-honor-of-a-veteran/
Election Calendar: https://www.sos.state.oh.us/elections/voters/current-voting-schedule/